Qiara Pregnancy & Breastfeeding contains the patented probiotic strain Lactobacillus Fermentum CECT5716, originally isolated from breast milk, which may help:
- maintain a healthy microflora, important for you and your baby before, during and after pregnancy
- restore balance of good bacteria in breast milk that may have been disrupted by antibiotics, or other external factors
- relieve or reduce breast pain and discomfort associated with mastitis
- reduce the recurrence of mastitis
- Take Qiara Pregnancy & Breastfeeding from preconception, your last trimester, or throughout your entire pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Costing less than a cup of coffee, simply stir one sachet per day into a glass of water and keep breastfeeding with Qiara.
(If symptoms persist, seek medical advice.)
Pregnancy & Breastfeeding
A mother’s breast milk is undoubtedly the best source of nutrition for her infant, and this includes beneficial bacteria we refer to as the ‘Breast Milk Microbiome’. This breast milk flora helps to establish the infant’s own gut microbiome and is crucial to the development of the infant’s immune system.
If a mother’s breast milk microbiome has been compromised by external factors such as stress, poor diet or antibiotics, this can have a significant impact on mother and baby. Qiara may assist in restoring the beneficial flora levels in a mother’s breast milk microbiome, therefore benefiting mother and baby on many levels.
Breast Pain & Mastitis
Clinical Research conducted using the single probiotic strain in Qiara, shows that it may:
- Reduce discomfort associated with breast pain and mastitis
- Reduce the recurrence of mastitis
Qiara achieves this by aggressively targeting and outcompeting the pathogenic bacteria in breast milk that may be causing the pain and infection. It also helps to restore and maintain a healthy balance of protective flora in the breast milk microbiome to help prevent recurrence.
Simply take Qiara at the first signs of breast pain or mastitis.
Having a C-Section?
A study of 627,600 Australian births reported that women who gave birth by C-Section were 70% more likely to be diagnosed with a complication affecting breastfeeding and their babies are at higher risk of infection.
C-section mums are routinely administered antibiotics to prevent infection. While necessary, antibiotics are not selective and can also reduce the levels of beneficial and protective flora in the breast milk. This can lead to an imbalance between the ‘good’ and ‘bad’ bacteria and a condition called Dysbiosis. Breast milk dysbiosis can lead to an increased risk of infections such as mastitis, and can also impact the colonisation of the infant’s microbiome and consequent development of their immune system. This can affect the health and immunity of the child for life.
Taking Qiara daily before and after your C-section may assist in maintaining the balance of good bacteria in breast milk.
Group B Streptococcus (GBS) positive?
Group B Streptococcus (GBS) is a type of bacteria that can cause illness in susceptible people including newborns. Anywhere from 10-30% of pregnant women carry GBS in their bodies and many hospitals and obstetricians routinely swab for GBS during pregnancy. If you test positive for GBS your health professional may recommend antibiotics during delivery to avoid passing it onto the infant. If you have tested positive to GBS and are administered Antibiotics during delivery, taking Qiara daily may assist in restoring beneficial flora levels and prevent further problems from a disrupted microbiome.
Research has shown that a baby inherits many health traits from its parents at conception, so establishing good gut health and a strong and robust microbiome can have lifelong benefits for your baby. For more tips on the role breast milk isolated probiotics can play when planning for a baby, see http://www.conceivebaby.com.au/fertility-microbiome-probiotics-need-know/
It was originally thought that the uterus was sterile and that the babies first exposure to bacteria was during delivery. Recent research suggests that an infant’s microbiome begins its colonisation in the womb, therefore it’s important that a mother’s microbiome is strong and robust during pregnancy, as well as at delivery and during breast feeding.
Along with optimising diet and lifestyle, taking one sachet of Qiara daily while pregnant may assist to increase beneficial flora levels and contribute to a strong and robust microbiome.
Breastfeeding continues the important transfer of beneficial bacteria that begins during pregnancy. A mother’s microbiome and breast milk quality can have a significant impact on the overall health of both baby and mother, this is therefore an essential stage to optimise microbiome health. Taking one sachet of Qiara daily while breastfeeding may assist to optimise beneficial breast milk flora levels.
Add contents of one sachet to a glass of water or milk, stir and consume immediately. Recommended therapeutic dose to boost flora levels and prevent infection is one sachet per day. If you have breast pain, acute mastitis or are taking antibiotics, up to two sachets per day can be taken. Take Qiara 2-3 hours away from your antibiotic dosage.
Qiara can be taken from pre-conception, and throughout the entire pregnancy and breastfeeding period.
IF SYMPTOMS PERSIST SEEK MEDICAL ADVICE
The Qiara Guarantee
Isolated from breastmilk
Lactobacillus Fermentum CECT 5716 is a probiotic isolated from breast milk which:
- has a history of safe prolonged intake by newborns and infants;
- is uniquely adapted to reside both in the human digestive tract and in human breast milk and to interact with the human baby;
- has been clinically shown to pass into breast milk when taken orally by the mother;
So it's safe for both mother and baby and may play a critical role in preventing local infection in breast tissue and establishing a healthy microbiome in the infant.
The difference between promises and results is research. It is important to select the right probiotic strain researched for and suited to your needs.
Many probiotic companies provide broad spectrum probiotics containing multiple strains in a single dose. However, clinical trials for probiotics are usually conducted with a single strain rather than with multiple strains, and it is unclear how multiple strains in a single dose may interact with or inhibit each other. That is why Qiara Pregnancy & Breastfeeding contains 3 billion microorganisms of Lactobacillus Fermentum CECT 5716, the same dosage of exactly the same single strain used in clinical trials.
Qiara Pregnancy and Breastfeeding AUSTL 269433:
- Contains no added dairy, yeast, eggs, gluten, nuts, soy or salt.
- Contains no animal products, no artificial colours, preservatives or sweeteners.
- Is suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans.
- Does not require refrigeration (store below 25°C).
- Is guaranteed to contain a minimum of 3 billion live probiotic bacteria Lactobacillus Fermentum CECT5716 per sachet until the expiry date.
- Contains 28 individually sealed sachets per box.
- Recommended dosage 1 sachet per day. If prescribed oral antibiotics or if IV antibiotics have been administered, take 2 sachets per day for one week after the antibiotic course is completed, then return to one sachet daily. Take probiotic 2-3 hours before or after antibiotic dose.
Recommended during pregnancy and breastfeeding. May be taken pre-conception and post-breastfeeding.