This bestselling product is one of our must have items for your hospital bag! Perfectly designed to keep you comfy down there during labour and post partum.
Included in the box:
- Perineum heating and cooling strip: soft gel beads encased in soft flexible plastic tube
- 5 x washable sleeves that cover your perineum strip and help protect your delicate skin
What you can use it for:
- Pre-childbirth. Heat during stage 2 of labour. When heated, the perineum strip can be effectively used during the 2nd stage of labour to help reduce the occurrence of perineal trauma.
- Post-childbirth. Cold to soothe swelling and inflammation. When frozen, the perineum strip provides soothing, cooling relief to the perineal area which may be irritated, swollen and tender from childbirth.
- Symphsis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD)
Place in freezer without disposable sleeves for approximately 2 hours or submerge in icy water until desired temperature is achieved.
Submerge in hot water without disposable sleeves or microwave for the suggested times below. Heat in additional 5-second increments until desired temperature is achieved. Always test temperature before application.
- 700 Watt Microwave: 20 seconds
- 1000 Watt Microwave: 15 seconds
- 1200 Watt Microwave: 10 seconds
Slip on the protective, washable sleeves provided and place directly on the perineal area. Apply for the medically recommended time of 20 minutes. Wait until the skin returns to normal temperature before reapplying.
Wash your perineum pack with warm soapy water. You can also hand wash your perineum pack sleeves and air dry for continued use.
Non-Toxic BodyIce Gel Bead Pad for external use only. Do not ingest or insert pad into the body. Do not use on infants. Use under adult supervision. Avoid using on highly snesitive or insensitive skin. Do not use on open wounds. Overheating may damage or destroy gel bead pads. Discard if damaged. Test Gel Bead Pad Temperature prior to use.
Why we love BodyIce Hot/Cold Packs
Not only do these products outperform similar products in terms of functionality and durability, the brand was founded in 2006 by Olympic Champion Lydia Lassila! This amazing woman launched the business with a mission to help people of all ages recover from their injuries and fight pain and inflammation naturally using simple ice and compression.
Away from the sporting arena, Lydia is a mother of two boys. It was her journey into motherhood that inspired BodyICE Woman – a range of stylishly designed remedial ice and heat packs just for women offering calming relief to the perineum after childbirth and breasts throughout the breastfeeding journey.