Prepare for labour and post partum recovery with the BodyICE Woman perineum strip which has been purposely designed to treat the perineal area for:
- Pre-childbirth. Heat during stage 2 of labour. When heated, the perineum strip can be effectively used during the 2nd stage of labour to help reduce the occurrence of perineal trauma.
- Post-childbirth. Cold to soothe swelling and inflammation. When frozen, the perineum strip provides soothing, cooling relief to the perineal area which may be irritated, swollen and tender from childbirth.
- Symphsis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD)
Whatever your needs are, the BodyICE Woman perineum strip has got you covered pre and post-labour.
Each pack contains:
- 1 x perineum strip
- 5 x perineum sleeves
- Cold Therapy
- Freeze for approximately 2 hours or submerge in icy water until desired temperature is achieved.
- Heat Therapy
- Submerge in hot water or microwave for the suggested times below. Heat in additional 5-second increments until desired temperature is achieved:
- 700 Watt Microwave: 30 seconds
- 1000 Watt Microwave: 25 seconds
- 1200 Watt Microwave: 20 seconds
- Slip perineum strip into disposable sleeve and place directly on perineal area. Wait until skin returns to normal temperature before reapplying.
- Wash with warm soapy water
- Non-Toxic BodyIce Gel Bead Pad for external use only. Do not ingest or insert pad into the body. Do not use on infants. Use under adult supervision. Avoid using on highly snesitive or insensitive skin. Do not use on open wounds. Overheating may damage or destroy gel bead pads. Discard if damaged. Test Gel Bead Pad Temperature prior to use.