This beautiful essential oil is associated with reducing anxiety, balancing hormones and may stimuate the uterus (and therefore it is not recommended to use prior to 37 weeks!).
One study done by midwives found it can reduce pain and anxiety during labour. It is thought to help boost oxytocin and therefore contractions, and may be useful to use if labour is slowing.
Another small study also found it effective in reducing menstual cramps for women.
- Balancing Hormones, ideal while pregnant in the last trimester and also for menopause
- Known to relieve stress, and anxiety and improve mood
- Known to relieve menstrual discomfort
- Mood booster
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- A must have for women of all ages as it supports hormonal balance.
- Great to support pregnant women in the last trimester after 37 weeks (best to avoid use prior to this).
- A popular remedy for supporting women through all stages of their reproductive cycle: menstruation, childbirth & menopause
- Relieves insomnia, Clary Sage is a natural sedative and will create a calm feeling that is necessary in order to fall asleep.
- AROMATIC DESCRIPTION: Sweet and floral notes
- BOTANIC NAME: Salvia Sclarea
- COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: France
- DERIVED FROM: The leaves and flowering tops of Salvia Scarea
- METHOD OF EXTRACTION: Steam distillation
- Add to a carrier oil (such as this coconut oil) to create a massage oil to use during labour. It is thought to help reduce anxiety and pain, and boost oxytocin. It may also have a stimulating effect on the uterus (so don't use before 37 weeks!)
- During your menstrual cycle, rub three to five drops on the abdomen for a soothing massage.
- Diffuse or apply to pillow at night for a restful sleep.
- Add to shampoo or hair conditioner to promote healthy looking hair and scalp.
- Combine with a carrier oil to massage and soothe the skin.
How to use Lively Living Essential Oils:
- We recommend using an Ultrasonic Diffuser which means there is no heat source that can damage or change the beneficial properties of the essential oils.
- This highly concentrated blend requires only 2-3 drops for use in the Aroma-Dream Ultrasonic Diffuser or Aroma-Snooze Ultrasonic Diffuser (Not recommended for babies under 3 months.)
- For babies, from 3 months introduce 1 drop into the diffuser or carrier oil and gradually increase to the recommended amount.
- Lively Living Essential Oils can also be used for massage, however, as these oils are super concentrated, add to a carrier oil such as fractionated coconut oil. The recommended amount is 2-3 drops to 2 tablespoons of carrier oil.
Why we love Lively Living Essential Oils
We love Lively Living's dedication to the creation of the best quality oils and technologically advanced diffusers. Originating from from one woman's passion for natural products, beautiful designs, and a holistic approach to health care, this growing brand is Australian owned and based on the Gold Coast. Owner Julie Parr has also gathered a talented close-knit team who share her vision and are committed to innovation, style, and well-being.
Lively Living aroma diffusers offer the latest ultrasonic technology and are not only beautiful but also include an impressive suite of features. Equal commitment is given to the complimentary and comprehensive collection of essential oils and blends offered by Lively Living. These are 100% Pure & Certified Organic and often sourced from farms around the globe. Preference is given to purchasing directly from the growers themselves wherever possible, ensuring they are of a purity and quality that aligns with the brands values.