As the introduction states, "The dictionary definition of the word 'mother' is 'A female who has given birth to offspring.' A truism, yet woefully incomplete." And so this little book is a collection of 1500 classic one-liners and quotes - some funny, some meaningful and some a little bit risque - summarising the glorious job that is motherhood.
Covering all the joys (and some of the trials) of motherhood, and gathered from many sources it is divided into such sections as 'The Best of Times, the Worst of Times', 'Open all hours (breastfeeding)' and 'Things you should never say to a mother', it makes a fun gift for a new mum - from one mum to another.
Designed to dip in and out of when you need a laugh, inspiration or the knowledge that you are not alone! Features include:
- Simple modern cover and font
- Quotes & Liners include those from a rich variety of red-hot mammas such as Joan Rivers, Roseanne and Marge Simpson. Here's a taste:
- On being pregnant: 'Life is tough enough without having someone kick you from the inside.' - Rita Rudner
- On mealtimes: 'For thirty years my mother served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found.' - Calvin Trillin
- On freedom: 'The first time you leave your child at school you're faced with a tough decision - down the pub or back to bed?' - Jo Brand
- Content's page summarising sections - so you can go to the most relevant at that moment!
- Index - for quick referencing of a topic
- 256 pages
- 12 cm x 18.5 cm