This revised and updated guide to baby massage book is revisted and updated to reflect the most recent research and guidelines on the importance of the first 1001 days of infant experience for children's future development.
Being massaged helps babies relax and cope better with stress, improves their muscular coordination and flexibility and helps them straighten tightly flexed hands and legs. And who better to teach parents how to acquire these essential skills than Peter Walker, the world's best-known baby massage teacher. In this fully revised edition of his bestselling guide, he demonstrates vital new sequences essential for very young babies, which can be done while baby is clothed.
This book will help you to:
- Master essential techniques with ease using step-by-step photographic instructions
- Calm your baby and help him or her to relax
- Improve your baby's muscular coordination and flexibility
- Bond with your baby
- Learn therapeutic touch techniques to help common childhood complaints
- Ease childbirth trauma and give your baby the best start in life
About The Author
Peter Walker is the world's foremost authority on baby massage. A trained physical therapist, he offers a certificated teacher training course in baby massage directed at midwives, health visitors, neonatal nurses as well as parents. He has written a number of books on the subject.